Sentinel HASP, formerly Aladdin HASP SRM is the 6th generation of HASP keys.
Use our free tool to backup key’s memory.
Main protection improvements:
- AES encryption all session data between API and the HASP key
- White-box AES using in API for encrypt session data (since API 5.10)
Sentinel LDK 6.x have following improvements:
- Web based fulfillment (Sentinel EMS)
- New open SL license format
- Unique ‘local transfer’ re-host mechanism
- License administration API
- Runtimeless SL (user mode)
- Next generation Envelope
- White Box Cryptography
- Sentinel HL with onboard code execution
– Sentinel HASP can have up to 268 featured slots:
- 0001-FFBF: user features
- FFC0-FFC7: HASP4/HL compatibility
- FFC8-FFDF: HASP SRM Vendor features
- FFE0-FFEF: HASP SRM Master key features
- FFF0-FFF2: HASP HL memory compatibility
- FFF4-FFF5: HASP SRM user memory
Sentinel HASP API 5.10 using new secure communication channel between the protected application and the HASP key. Unlike the previous implementation which aimed to hide the AES encryption key, the new implementation is based on White-box cryptography.
With this assumption as part of the design, the AES algorithm and encryption key are replaced with special vendor-specific libraries that implement the same encryption but embed the encryption key as part of the algorithm, in a way that ensures that it’s never present in the memory and therefore cannot be extracted by an attacker.
But there are several ways to break White-box implementation…
Begins from Sentinel HASP API 5.11 (March 2012) enveloped files using White-Box AES for decode the protected code, and “table” based checks was removed.
… Additional information will be added as soon as be available …
Sentinel HASP SRM key dumper available for download:
universal Sentinel HASP SRM key dumper
List of products protected by Sentinel HASP SRM key you can see here.
Custom solutions for this key available on request.
Please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Started: October 15, 2008.
Updated: December 28, 2013.